Monday 27 August 2012

One Month

That's right people. Layla turned one month old today. And in honor of that, it appears that she grew an inch overnight. At least it seems like it. Comparing pictures from just a month ago, she has grown a lot. Too much for my liking.

It's crazy how fast time flies. It's hard to imagine that we were in the hospital a month ago welcoming this new child into the world. She seemed so small and fragile, so tiny. Now she gets heavier by the day, longer by the day. She can keep her head up for a little while. Layla's starting to get those little jibber jabbers of baby talk.

It's going too fast. Next thing you know, she's gonna be one. That's what it feels like. And she's been such a blessing. Though there are times where that doesn't seem true in the moment, it's always the feeling I get when I look at her. When she's just staring right back at me. I know she knows me. Amber and I are hers. When she sees us, she recognizes us. It is such a strange thing. A marvelous thing.

Every time I look at my child, I see God. I see a miracle. She's a daily reminder that I should be praising and thanking God for what He has done. There are days when I don't want to, not gonna lie. But it's hard not to when you're looking at this blessing. I look at her and I know God can provide. Even though I have my doubts, I know He'll do it in His way, at the best time.

I'm not saying everything is rosy in my life. Still jobless. Layla has some terrible crying spells sometimes. Waking up in the middle of the night to comfort a baby. These are some tough, stormy times for me. But I know some people have it worse, and they still praise God. Plus, I live in a country that allows me to speak openly and freely about God (for the time being anyways). That helps me not feel crappy about my situation.

As always, I ask for prayer. Prayer for a job. Safety of my wife and child. Prayer that I can always trust God.

Love God. Because He's worthy of Love.

G'night

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Happy One Month Old Day Layla! We pray for you always! Love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete