Friday 31 August 2012

35 days

Yurp. Layla is 35 days old. Amber and I are really excited for what's coming up now. Layla is starting to smile :) And it's absolutely adorable. We upgraded to cloth diapers this week too....well transitioning I should say. It should get interesting now. The thought that we are going to have to keep the diapers instead of throwing them away, and washing....crap every day, not every exciting. But, saving a crap (no pun intended) ton of money by using cloth diapers and not having to buy diapers all the time, makes it worth it I think.

Having Layla is an immense blessing. No doubt. But that blessing would be unbelievably stressful if it weren't for my wife. Not gonna lie, a baby causes a good amount of frustration. Especially at night, say when she takes twenty minute power naps, then she's hungry, and awake for an hour, repeat *cough last night cough cough*. I cannot imagine doing this without my significant other. I know there are too many single moms and dads out there. Many from the other partner abandoning them or what not. My heart goes out to them. And you have to respect them. You HAVE to. Because they have to do this all by themselves. Couldn't imagine doing this without help. So Amber, thank you so much for being an amazing mother for our child. And an amazing wife to me. It means more than you could every think.

Life is looking up too. Still haven't heard back from anyone job wise. But my freelancing has picked up. It's nowhere near enough currently to cover expenses, but it's something, and thank God for our savings. I'm still looking for a job no doubt, but also pushing my business to where I can eventually go full time. That's my dream. I know it, my wife knows it and supports it, God knows it. I just pray that's in His Plan. I'm just thankful for the opportunities that He has provided for me.

I just want to close with this. Thank God, daily. I know some of my readers have issues with him, but I want everyone to know that He provides. Always. Ya it's in His own time. And that can be uber stressful and irritating for us finite beings. Yet, at least in my experiences with God, it ALWAYS has been perfect. So don't give up on God. Have a personal relationship with God. It will help you in all areas of life. Count your blessings, and praise the Creator.

God bless, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment