Friday 25 January 2013

Family

This post might be short. But it's a point that has been bugging me for some reason. And I want to get it out, and onto this blog. So hear me out, even if you don't think this applies to you.

Family is everything. If I could tell someone one thing, it would be that. The family is the nucleus of civilization. I'm going Aristotle on you guys. Were it not for the family, I wouldn't be typing this out. It's the basis from which we began. Take it all the way back to Adam. He was alone. God saw that it wasn't good for him to be, so he created Eve. Boom, first family. I mean, God created the entire universe, day, night, earth, water, land, plants, animals, man. Then a family. If that's not an indication of the importance of the family, I don't know what is.

I place family higher than everything but God. I am a huge believer in family before other people. If I had a choice between choosing a friend or family, I'll pick family every time. I love being a part of a family. God has blessed me not only with amazing parents and a fantastic sister, and not only with amazing in-laws, but with a family to call my own. And being a father has only strengthened the bonds I have with all my family. Because God has stressed upon me the importance of it.

Now I understand that MANY of my readers don't have what God has blessed me with. Many of you have broken homes. Some of you have been abandoned by your biological family. Maybe you've been exiled in a sense. Or perhaps they simply aren't there for you. Let me tell you something: You have a family. Friends can be a better family than your biological family ever could have been. Mentors can be family. If you're a Christian, you have an entire world's full of family. And even if you're not a Christian, there are always some humble enough ones to be more than willing to take you in. Don't be put down by those Christians who judge. Find the ones that Love instead. There will always be people you can run to. Even if you feel there isn't.

Work on your family this week. Tell them that one thing that's been holding you back. Seek out someone when you feel lonely and lost. Someone you trust. Build/Renew/Develop a relationship with someone so you can have a family. I promise you it will improve your life, someway, somehow.


"May the peace of God, which passes all understanding, guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."


No comments:

Post a Comment