Monday 9 April 2012

Information Overload

Have you ever had a day where you got so much information that your brain literally hurts? That was today. My first day on the job. I took in so much info, I was exhausted by 11, and I "worked" until 5. Today I discovered just how big of shoes that I'm going to be filling. Slightly....no, heavily overwhelmed would explain my emotions.

It wouldn't be quite so bad if I had a couple, maybe a few weeks to ease my way into this position. But nope! The guy I'm replacing has surgery on Wednesday, and that means I'm by myself until possibly Friday. So today and tomorrow is essentially my training. Wednesday and Thursday are...how do you say it...test days. Even though I'll be working minimum hours those days, I will have to push myself to prove I was the right choice for this job.

Honestly, I believe I can handle it. I learned an immense amount of knowledge today, most of it I hope I remember this week. But it IS overwhelming. BUT! God wouldn't throw me in the lion's den without giving me some help. So if you could pray for anything about me, pray for inspiration. Inspiration that will keep me on my toes and keep me moving forward.

That's all. Just a small update. God works wonders. Thank goodness.


No comments:

Post a Comment